An Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD)
Lifestyle Working Brookvale is a benchmark ESD building that provides considerable energy and environmental savings whilst achieving high levels of comfort for the community of people who work within the building.
Lifestyle Working has achieved a 5 star National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) certification and has attracted extraordinary attention from government and leading design organisations such as DEGW.
Lifestyle Working is a premium product providing solid investment returns to owners and investors and unprecedented benefits to occupiers in terms of workplace innovations, health, employee productivity and retention, technology and specifically, the low greenhouse gas emission/ renewable energy infrastructure. The overall environmental performance of the building has been assessed using the NABERS rating tool as a guideline.
The NABERS star rating evaluates the energy and water efficiency of the building in terms of energy and water consumed and resultant carbon dioxide emissions of the lifts, car park ventilation, lighting and air conditioning etc. The NABERS is again assessed on a star rating system from 1 star (worst performing) to 5 star (best performing) and in September 2011 has been extended to include 6 stars for buildings that exceed the 5 star performance levels by 50%. Lifestyle Working has achieved a 5 star NABERS energy rating and a 6 star NABERS water rating – the first and only strata building in Australia to do so.
The collaboration of ecological and environmental initiatives within Lifestyle Working includes natural ventilation, rainwater harvesting, solar panels, passive energy solutions, recycled timbers and optimum temperature control options for individuals to select. These will not only benefit the environment generally but also provide considerable savings in running and maintenance costs as well as providing more comfort and choice for the buildings occupants.
- One of, if not the largest water harvesting tank in Australia for any building of its type in the country
- 286 kilo litres, or the equivalent of approx 5 swimming pools of water storage in the basement - thats nearly 4.5 million litres of water NOT being drawn from Sydneys Warragamba dam per annum!
- One of the largest amount of PV solar panels of any building in the country, to substantially generate power for the supply of the common area electricity needs - a huge saving!
- Waterless urinals - thats an estimated saving of approx 1.14 million litres of water PA
- Recycled timbers substantially through the public spaces designed by Patio and Jamie Durie
- The public space is naturally ventilated with clever engineering and design providing air flow and convection currents
- All suites are air conditioned as well as naturally ventilated